Saturday 17 May 2014

It’s a boy!

We’re over the moon to share our exciting news that we’ve welcomed baby Parker into this world.  A little brother to a very proud Summer and Finn and a totally in love mum and dad.

Little Parker caught us by surprise.  I finished work just a few days before thinking I had 2 weeks to get organised.  I mean even the basics like get a bassinette, pram and baby clothes, let alone have the house extension finished, or catch up on blogging some recipes!

But now that he’s here all we can do is fly by the seat of our pants, take each day as it comes (and rather quickly goes) and enjoy every precious new born moment.  And that is by far my favourite part.  I forgot how little newborns are.   I forgot how addictive their smell is (I wish I could bottle it up).  How soft their skin is.  How cute the sounds they make are.   I love every minute with him and miss him when he sleeps.
And of course this is a time when I cherish my Thermomix.  I even managed to whip up a chocolate zucchini loaf and muffins for healthy school snacks and tired mummy energy treats.  Yum.

So to anyone else with a newborn at the moment...  cherish it, never forget it x

No comments:

Post a Comment